My Name is Stefan Sarchadzhiev. I’m an experienced Graphic Designer & DTP Artworker and a film Director, Producer & Editor as well.
Let’s start with my
With the work experience through the years I’ve developed work habits and discipline, a style of work you could say, and in the core of this style lay some very basic work principles that are indeed highly valued by anyone in the creative and production industry. Technically by any industry in general.
I can say with confidence that I am self-motivated, really positive and hardworking. And these aren’t empty words. I’m also:
- Able to deliver projects from idea to execution.
- Able to provide a creative direction and take responsibility for producing creative designs.
- Adaptable — I have experience of executing original ideas within established brand guidelines but I can also use my own initiative when no guidelines are in place.
- Able to clearly communicate creative concepts and ideas.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and change.
- Able to remain focused and meet deadlines.
Here I’m trying to describe the working skills I developed through the years of creative work. I have:
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills — I am able to manage shifting priorities, whilst maintaining commitment to deadlines.
- People management experience.
- Strong communication skills, a creative approach and the ability to engage with people at all levels.
- Substantial technical experience – end to end artwork, creative to print or online process.
- The ability to work with technology experts to meet technology requirements and capabilities as they relate to design deliverables.
- Extensive experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, etc.)
- Extensive experience with video and audio production, video editing and animation, sound editing and design.
Here are my fields of expertise:
Graphic Design and DTP
With more than 20 years of experience on the field of graphic design, DTP and artworking as a freelance and in-house graphic designer, through the years I’ve had a chance to work for various clients on various design fields and numerous projects, preparing creative concepts and delivering final products for:
- advertising agencies — ABL & BTL, B2C and B2B materials, press, web and outdoor advertisements, brochures and leaflets, corporate identity and more.
- publishing houses — books — covers and bodies design, magazines and newsletters
- online and web: Flash applications, banners and web page contents; Web pages, FB and other social media applications; UI and app design; CMS.
The knowledge of the entire creative and production workflow — from the client brief to the delivery of the final product — printed or online (including close working with the printers and always overseeing the print process) — gives me and my clients the ability of choice by offering them different creative solutions often beyond the initial brief parameters to choose from; flexibility — “on the fly” problems solution and creative and concept changes; and most important — confidence that the high quality work will be always done on time and on price.
From corporate videos and presentations to short experimental fiction movies.
Being a graduated film and TV director and certified VXF composer and editor, with more than 2000 hours of TV production, documentary, short fiction and animated movies under my belt, my skills and experience allow me to:
- deal with the pre-production:
- writing scripts (also editing & tweaking scripts that have been already written) not only for fiction movies but for everything that needs to be shot on film or video;
- producing, planning, budgeting and organising the production — gathering crew and cast, dealing with contractors;
- production design and creative planning.
- deal with the production:
- directing and shooting the movie;
- assuming the role of a producing director by organising and supervising the entire production & shooting stage.
- deal with the post-production:
- editing the footage by myself from the raw material to the final product (that includes adding CGI effects, motion graphics, VFX, subtitles);
- delivering the final product — DVD authoring, preparing DV and full HD formats for TV broadcasting, preparing DCP (digital camera package) for digital screening, converting to various formats for online distribution and streaming;
- or creative supervising a post contractor.
When something needs to be shot on video or film my knowledge and experience give me the ability to work with confidence on the entire project — from the client idea and brief, to the delivery of the final product.